Being a hotelier or a CEO in the hospitality business provides you with multiple duties, challenges, and emergencies which can be overcome using employee management software for hotels. It’s not a secret that a lion’s share of processes in any hotel is related to mutual communication with your staff. In hotels, you have lots of employees as usual. Even if it is a family business, you cannot run it alone.
This fact leads to a new one: most difficulties and blunders you may face while trying to put your hotel business on its feet occur due to the lack of timely and effective communication between you and your staff. In Shifton, we clearly understand that and we can help you to cope with such situations by sharing our experience and our hotel scheduling software.
How to manage hotel staff: keys for success
Your staff should work seamlessly because your hotel’s reputation and your clients’ loyalty depend greatly on their operation. This means that you should think out all possible challenges which may mitigate all the efforts you make to create a flawless hotel. Especially these ones need your consideration:
- Lack of communication between your employees and teams.
- Difficulties with shift scheduling and thus, occurring problems with customer service.
- Low flexibility in staff management which leads to staff shortages with time.
- Badly developed task management.
- Lack of motivation and ineffective system of rewards and punishments.
Besides your efforts on how to mitigate these issues, employee management software for hotels may come in handy in checkout and adjustment of your staff operation. Save time, consider communication channels to reach out to your staff timely, but firstly, analyze which issues happen in your operation regularly to work on them.
Сommunication issues in the hospitality industry
The first and foremost thing you need to provide is communication in the hotel industry. You need your managers to timely book rooms for clients and inform maids about which rooms need to be cleaned. You need to get timely information about who and when starts the shift today and who will come to the shift tomorrow. Your bartenders have to inform about which supplies they need for the bar, and the security service has to provide timely reports. That’s just the tip of the iceberg, and communication is what forms the basis for success. What happens when it lacks?
- The whole operation can fall into chaos.
- Customers remain unsatisfied and can make negative reviews on your work.
- Staff shortages are inevitable.
- You lose money, and you lose good workers instead of making them more motivated.
Sounds sad, doesn’t it? Yet, you need just one thing besides your time for keeping hotels. That’s staff scheduling software for hotels, which helps to cope with multiple issues at once.
Automation of staff management and planning
When you get Shifton’s employee management software for hotels, you get an all-purpose tool in your hand.
- Your staff won’t miss their shifts or overwork due to a GPS-powered time clock which helps to clock in and out directly from their mobile devices.
- You create schedules for all teams as simply as possible due to integrated hotel employee schedule templates.
- You get instant information about your establishment’s operation using automated reporting in the software.
- You make daily tasks and operations streamlined, and time management is more effective in this case.
- Automated human resources tasks help you with a more efficient and personalized hiring and onboarding process.
- You get a framework for communication and information of your staff where employees can access important information while on the go as Shifton works as employee mobile apps for hotels.
- Getting feedback from your staff is essential, and you get a digital social feed that promotes employee engagement and collaboration.
- Seamless payroll and accounting integration with QuickBooks Online – that’s what helps you to calculate salaries fairly and quickly and motivate good employees automatically.
How to improve the management of a work team?
Efficient team management in the hospitality industry can make all the difference in customer satisfaction and overall business success. With Shifton, you can use the following tips and enjoy the results almost instantly.
- Use special scheduling templates i.e., 2/2, 3/3, 1/3, 5/2 to create effective working shifts and distribute your staff logically and efficiently.
- Use the Tasks tool to make assignments of tasks to employees, track their completion, create checklists for maids and cooks, for example, and check task statuses instantly to ensure everything is going OK. This eases the operation and helps to make task management work for your profit.
- Notify your staff using their mobile apps. By operating in a common framework, your employees will get automatic push notifications and reminders, and they never miss them.
- Provide higher flexibility by exchanging shifts, weekends, and sick days online. Your staff will be grateful if you react to their emergent needs for replacements or sick days quickly. And your business will get benefits from that too.
- Motivate your employees with overtime bonuses. They can be calculated automatically as Shifton calculates the working hours of each employee and provides clear reports on who overwork today.
- Manage breaks to make them not harming your business. Create pre-scheduled breaks or set limits on the number and duration of breaks.
- Check the attendance and get timely information when actually a person starts and ends the shift, who was late or missed a shift.
These tips can help you with easily managing a hotel even if your team is of 100+ employees.
With robust employee management software for hotels, you can more efficiently schedule employees and flexibly replace them in case of emergency.
- Assign staff shifts based on job role, availability.
- Use drag and drop, assign shifts in bulk, set recurring shifts, create customizable templates, and even allow employees to claim open shifts available.
- Easily resolve scheduling issues with overtime alerts, limitation alerts, or scheduling conflict alerts.
- Provide push notifications for employees to allow them to immediately accept or reject shifts directly from their mobile devices.
- Include shift tasks, notes, and even files within the schedule, so employees know exactly what to do upon arrival to work.
- Complete oversight over collaborative staff scheduling in real time, all while on the go.
Communication is the basis of effective hotel management. Yet, providing it can be a complex task. Thanks to the availability of modern automation tools, you can delegate a part of communication and interaction processes in your staff to that solution. Today, Shifton offers hotel businesses a multipurpose automation tool which helps with staff management, shift management, emergent situations solutions, recruiting and motivating your team. Just pick it and use it to get success with this employee mobile app for hotels.